Target is Closing 13 Locations in 2023, Are There Any In Idaho?
It is worrisome when a large chain decides to close an established location. Troubles on the horizon for big box stores is always a shadow on the thoughts of shoppers. Toys ‘R’ Us, Circuit City, and Bed Bath and Beyond are alarming examples.
Like pruning a tree with too many limbs, or a plant with sickly shoots, some retailers choose to close particular locations so that others can thrive. Target appears to be taking that approach.
- New York will see a store close in a Harlem neighborhood after attempts to reduce theft and protect workers failed.
- Seattle, Washington is losing 2 locations due to theft and crime, but there are still 22 others in the area. 90 employees will lose positions after Christmas.
- Maryland has a store closing. It is one of many smaller stores with only 20,000 square feet of retail space, whereas a typical store averages about 130,000 square feet.
- Minneapolis, Minnesota is another smaller store that closed earlier this year. It was a victim of arson in January.
- California is losing 3 stores in the San Francisco/Oakland market. These locations are security concerns as well, but there are 32 others in the area.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania lost a small format store due to lack of foot traffic. The neighborhood also recently lost a Wawa convenience store.
- Virginia is losing a store that only recently opened in 2018. Its 30 employees had the opportunity to move to other Target locations.
- Portland, Oregon is closing 3 stores. Security and theft caused 150 people to be laid off.
Are Liberals the Reason Target is Closing Stores?
It is worth noting that all the stores listed are closing in liberal states. A couple of states are ‘swing’ states, but they swing toward the blue side of the fence.
Which Stores Are Closed or Open on Thanksgiving 2023?
Gallery Credit: Michelle Heart
23 Things Forbidden in Idaho Trash Bins
Gallery Credit: Ryan Antoinette Valenzuela