Five Celebrities You Didn’t Know Were Veterans
Today is a day we celebrate all of our past and present soldiers. The sacrifices these men and women have made for our country is truly amazing. We don't always realize that some celebrities are also veterans.
1. Willie Nelson was enlisted in the Air Force in 1950. He wanted to be a pilot but he was medically discharged nine months later because of a bad back.
2. M.C. Hammer was in the Navy for three years. He was an aviation storekeeper at a base near San Francisco.
3. George Carlin started working as a radio DJ while he was in the Air Force. He was stationed in Louisiana, and started working as a DJ for KJOE in Shreveport.
4. Pat Sajak served in Vietnam. But he didn't see much action . . . he was a DJ on Armed Forces Radio.
5. Bea Arthur from "The Golden Girls" was in the Marines during World War Two. She was a truck driver and typist in the Women's Reserve from 1943 to 1945.