Five Phrases Young People Use
The older I get, the less I understand teenagers. They have their own style, their own little worlds and their own language.
I appreciate teenagers but some of the terms they use I might not ever understand. According to Inc. these are the top teenager terms that we don't understand:
1. "Sorry not sorry." A fake apology where you're being sarcastic. You're KINDA sorry, but you want to make fun of ACTUALLY being sorry, because you don't think the other person really deserves an apology.
2. "I can't even." It means you're annoyed, you're losing your patience, and you're at a loss for words.
3. "Perf." It's just an abbreviation for "perfect." Like when you're agreeing to the plans someone made, and don't feel like typing three more letters.
4. "TBH." It means "to be honest." And it can be followed by a joke, or a comment that's actually sincere.
5. "Bae." You've probably heard this one. It just means "baby," like when you're referring to a significant other. But does anyone still use it?