Creative Ways To Stay Busy During Self Isolation
You can only watch so much Netflix and attempt to teach your children so long before you start running out of ideas. If you are self isolating or you are required to work from home, there are some things you can do to keep yourself occupied without leaving the house.
I am not a huge fan of the app Tik Tok but it has some funny stuff on there if you are looking for mind numbing or anything funny. But if you are sick of Netflix, YouTube, Tik Tok and other social media apps here are a few ideas:
- Write out your life goals where you can see it every day. Remember there is going to be life after Coronavirus and staying focused on that will help you stay positive.
- Declutter your surroundings. I am so guilty of this. Everything around me is a mess.
- Make everyday chores a game. This is perfect if you have little at home right now with you. Create a point system, a prize and maybe add some problem solving skills in there.
- Write a book. This is something I have always wanted to do. Chances are you have had an idea in your head that you thought would make a great book or movie. Give it a try. You might not be the next J K Rowling but you just might find a new passion.
- Pick up that instrument that has been sitting in your closet and give it another try
- Start an Insta or Facebook page for your pet. You will be entertained and find creative ways to interact with people.
- Face time someone else in quarantine or highly susceptible. Chances are grandma, grandpa, mom, dad, whoever misses hearing from you. Take this chance to reach out.