Contact Us

97% of Parents Say They Can’t Vacation Like They Want to

Vacation
Elven Nicky Flickr.com

If you don’t have kids, you’d better get all your exotic traveling in now.  Book your trip to Cambodia or the Amazon or Tahiti.  Because once kids show up, you’re looking at a few decades of Disneyland and places that serve mediocre spaghetti.

According to a survey by a travel website called Skyscanner from PR Newswire, only 3% of parents say that their kids HAVEN’T ruined their ability to make vacation plans.  The other 97% say they’re restricted by traveling with their children.

The main restriction is expense, at 28% . . . it costs a lot to take a big family on an exotic trip.

15% say long flights are a restriction . . . 9% avoid places that are too hot . . . 4% can’t go places where their kids don’t like the food . . . and 2% actually just let the kids pick and don’t offer ANY input.

The survey also found that the number one activity kids want to do on vacation is go to a water park, at 50%.  Parents, who actually DON’T want staph infections, made that one of their least-preferred vacation activities, at 12%.

The number one thing parents want to do is spend a day on the beach, at 42%.  Only 13% of kids said that’s their number one option.

More from 95.7 KEZJ

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://kezj.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on 95.7 KEZJ - Southern Idaho's New Country quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Sign up for an account to comment, share your thoughts, and earn points to get great prizes.

Register on 95.7 KEZJ - Southern Idaho's New Country quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!