What is Your Biggest Pet Peeve?
Deep down we're all just old people annoyed by everything and everyone. My pet peeves seem a little odd but everyone is annoyed by something. I hate when the handle gets stuck on the toilet and you can hear the water trying to fill up the tank and I hate slow drivers. What's yours?
According to Harris Interactive these are the things that drive us crazy:
1. Plane etiquette. What bothers you more: People who hog the overhead bins versus people who recline their seats in coach? Overhead bin hogs got 65% of the vote, people who recline got 35%.
2. Bad driving. What bothers you more: Tailgaters or slow drivers in the left lane? Tailgaters have the slight edge, 53% to 47%.
3. Public cell phone etiquette. What bothers you more: People who have loud phone calls in public or people who check their phones during conversations? Loud public callers got about two-thirds of the votes, 65% to 35%.
4. Email etiquette. What bothers you more: People who always REPLY ALL on emails . . . or people who don't reply to emails at all? The "reply all" people had a tiny edge, 51% to 49%.
5. Social media etiquette. What bothers you more: Excessive complaining on social media or excessive bragging on social media? Believe it or not, complaining was voted worse, 55% to 45%.
6. Parenting etiquette. What bothers you more: Parents who let their kids run wild or people who give unsolicited parenting advice to strangers? The parents with wild kids won huge over unsolicited advice, 86% to 14%. There's some irony there.
7. Grammar etiquette. What bothers you more: People who misuse common words or people who correct other people's grammar? People who misuse words won, 57% to 43%.
8. Lateness etiquette. What bothers you more: People who are always late, or people who are totally intolerant of lateness? The people who are always late won BIG, 80% to 20%.
9. Confrontation etiquette. What bothers you more: People who are openly rude or people who are passive aggressive? Openly rude people won big, 85% to 15%.
10. Temperature etiquette. What bothers you more: People who complain about the heat or people who complain about the cold? People complaining about heat are worse, 57% to 43%.