When Is The Next American Red Cross Blood Drive In Twin Falls?
Thinking about giving blood? Jackie and I try to donate at least once a year. You can too. According to the American Red Cross one pint of blood can save up to three lives.
The next American Red Cross blood drive is scheduled for April 12th at the College of Southern Idaho in Twin Falls.
Facts About Blood Needs
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- More than 38,000 blood donations are needed every day.
- A total of 30 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
[Via American Red Cross.]