TIPPING FOR THE HOLIDAYS
Deciding who to tip and how much to tip them can be overwhelming at this time of the year. But nobody wants to be the person that doesn’t leave a good tip.
According to Oprah.com, here’s a list of who to tip from the ‘Complete Idiot’s Guide to Etiquette':
- Babysitter or nanny: One week’s pay plus a small gift
- Trash collectors: $15–$20 each
- Paper carrier: $15–$25 for daily delivery and $5–$15 for weekend delivery
- Mail carrier: As federal employees, mail carriers can’t accept more than $20, so $15–$20 is fine.
- Doorman: $25–$120, depending on if he works with staff or alone.
- Hairdresser: The equivalent of one session (or $25 if you’re not a regular salon-goer)