The FBI Keeps Track of 2,800 Acronyms People Use on the Internet
Turns out the FBI keeps an updated file on a LOT of acronyms people use online. A website called Muckrock News filed a Freedom of Information Act to get their hands on the list, and get this, it's 83 pages long.
It has about 2,800 entries, and I'm not sure about you but I've only seen a handful of these. Here are some of the strangest ones they've got in the report:
- WYLABOCTGWTR - Would you like a bowl of cream to go with that remark?
- WTFT - What the French toast?
- NIFOC - Naked in front of computer. (yikes!)
- ICBINB - I can't believe it's not butter.
- IITYWIMIWHTKY - If I tell you what it means I will have to kill you.
- PMYMHMMFSWGAD - Pardon me, you must have mistaken me for someone who gives a damn.