Never Feed Your Pet These 8 Foods
This is my dog Wiley. He’s my buddy even though he likes to sleep right in the middle of a dark hallway where I trip over him and almost die on the daily. He’s my dog and the last thing I want to do is hurt him.
For those of you who love your pets like I do, here are eight food items that you should NEVER feed your pet. Be it a cat, dog, or bird.
Chocolate to you and I are an amazing treat, but to Fido could actually kill him. To dogs, chocolate is actually poisonous and can cause your pet restlessness, vomiting, and in very bad situations, tremors and seizures. This is one treat you DON'T want to share with your pet.
Raisins and Grapes
I didn't know this! We have a grape vine where we live and Wiley loves picking up those grapes once they fall off. When dogs eat grapes their thirst and need for urination increases and it can cause vomiting and lethargy. Poor guy.
Onions & Garlic
Wiley loves to sit and watch me cook. Fine he's waiting for me to drop something in the kitchen so he can eat it. Don't let your cat or dog eat garlic or onions though, because it can cause anemia, red-colored urine, vomiting, and weakness.
When I was a kid I was not allowed to have Bubble Yum, now come to find out sugarless gum is what's bad for the dog. If ingested, it can cause diarrhea, seizures, vomiting, jaundice, and lethargy.
My dog is very nervous and honestly, he could use a beer, but booze will only make him feel worse. Beer or any kind of alcoholic beverage can cause your pet diarrhea, vomiting, tremors or worse put them into a coma. Don't give your dog a beer!
Bread Dough or Any Kind of Raw Yeast
Because of the chemical reaction occurring with the rising of the yeast, it could actually cause alcohol poisoning. So if you notice your favorite bagel dough missing and your pet shows any of these symptoms: vomiting, tremors, distention of abdomen, lethargy, seizures; I'd say it's time to take them to the pet ER.
You may love a big bowl of guac, but don't share it with any of your animals, especially birds. Pets who consume avocados could suffer from difficulty breathing, diarrhea, vomiting, and lethargy.