Most Popular Ways to Waste Time at Work
It's Friday, so why not talk about the ways we will waste time at work today. According to Payscale here are the top 10 most popular ways we waste time at work .
1. Socializing. 14% of people say this is their number one time waster.
2. Social networking. 77% of people with Facebook check it at work.
3. Web surfing. 45% of people say this is their biggest time waster.
4. Job hunting. 46% of people currently searching for a job are doing it during work hours.
5. Meetings. 11% of people say meetings are their biggest time waster.
6. Taking care of personal business. 10% of people plan events at work, 2.3% make personal phone calls, and 3.1% run errands during work hours.
7. Unexpected problems. 37% of people say their biggest time waste is fixing other people's mistakes . . . 11% of people say computer problems waste the most time.
8. Communication. The average person wastes 74 minutes a day trying to contact people and waiting for responses.
9. Distractions. 36% of people say annoying coworkers waste their time . . . 22% say they're always stuck doing unproductive busy work.
10. Daydreaming. 4% of people say this is their top distraction.