Call of Duty Companion App Getting Updated for Advanced Warfare
The Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare experience will mean an update to the Call of Duty app. Expect to see a lot of the focus shift to Clans.
The Call of Duty blog has been updated with information on the update coming to the Call of Duty companion app, which will be available on iOS, Android, Windows and Kindle devices.
Some of the new features include the following:
- Clan Wars - Players will once again be able to compete with other clans of similar skill levels to take territories and raise their ranks. The prize this year? The gold Exo for the Clan Wars exclusive gear set.
- War Room - This offers commanders three panels that will give them information on the current Clan War, previous engagement and Top War Contributors. Delving deeper into each option will give you more detailed information, including multiplayer XP bonuses, Clan ranks and more.
- Active Roster - Clan Leaders can add or remove members based on availability. Players who are removed will not have their wins counted towards the war.
- Clan Profile - The profile page now highlights your best Clan members, your most active member, the MVP and the player with the highest KDR. All of these highlights are updated on a weekly basis, so get out there and perform.
- Clan Calling Cards - These can be unlocked through Clan Wars or playing multiplayer games with fellow Clan members.
- Emblem Editor - You can design your own emblem on to the go thanks to the companion app. Clan members will also now have the ability to submit their own designs for a Clan Emblem to the Clan Leader.
Apps may be all well and good, but can they help you identify the 5 Best Call of Duty Gun Sound Effects, Soundhound-style?!