Bras Across the Canyon
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, when health care experts, cancer survivors and research supporters pull out all the stops to make everyone aware of the need for proper breast cancer screenings, better detection tools and more research aimed at finding a cure.
Breast cancer is the second-most common cancer in American women (behind skin cancer). There are more than 2.9 million breast cancer survivors in the U.S., and about one out of every eight women will develop invasive breast cancer in her lifetime. It is the second-leading cause of cancer death in women after lung cancer. In 2012, the American Cancer Society predicts that 226,870 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed in women and about 39,510 women will die from the disease.
Join us for Bras Across The Canyon at the Perrine Bridge Visitor’s Center Park in Twin Falls on Saturday, October 4th for food, fun, and to walk the span of the Snake River to raise breast cancer awareness!
October is breast cancer awareness month and it’s our 3rd Annual “Bras Across the Canyon” on Saturday, October 4th, 2014. Bring your donations and a bra and join us at the Perrine Bridge Visitor’s Center from Noon till 3 PM.
- Everyone who attends will enjoy a free sandwich from Chick-Fil-A.
- Win prizes during the Bra Decorating Contest.
- Hear stories from cancer survivors.
- Talk to the Wellness Tree Community Clinic about how they provide free breast health & wellness services to low income & uninsured individuals in our community.
- Add the name of a cancer survivor, fighter, or supporter to the Memorial Arch.
- Walk the Perrine Bridge with us at the 2014 Bras Across the Canyon!
- Overflow parking is available at Johnny Carino’s
- And more!
The community has really stepped up to help get the word out about breast cancer awareness. This year’s Bras Across the Canyon is supported by:
- Arlo G Lott Trucking Company
- Glanbia Foods
- South Central Public Health District.
- Plus free food from Chick-Fil-A!
100% of your donations will help The Wellness Tree Community Clinic provide free breast health & wellness services to low income & uninsured individuals in our community.
- Noon – 1:30 PM: Bras Across The Canyon will kick off with a bra decorating contest and a survivor and memorial arch, as well as other activities.
- 1:30 PM: We’ll award the winner’s of the best decorated bra contest
- 2 PM: Opening Ceremonies
- 2:30PM: Survivors will lead “Bras Across The Canyon” Perrine Bridge Walk!
If you’re interested in sponsoring Bras Across the Canyon, call Janice Degner at (208) 737-6025.