Another Kid At a Restaurant Was Accidentally Served Alcohol
Earlier this week, a huge story broke about a 15-month-old at Applebee's who was accidentally given a MARGARITA instead of apple juice in his sippy cup.
And now, ANOTHER story has broken about a child at a chain restaurant getting served alcohol.
In Lakeland, Florida, a two-and-a-half-year-old was served SANGRIA in his plastic cup at an Olive Garden.
The boy's name is Nikolai. He was with his mother, Jill Van Heest, and asked for an orange juice. The server brought him a child's plastic cup, and Nikolai drank most of it. Then the server came back and took it away.
Jill says the server told her, quote, "'There's been a mistake, I need to get you a new one' . . . and [then he] took the glass and kind of scurried away."
When he brought back a new drink, Jill asked him what was in the old one and he admitted it was Tropical Sangria . . . which Olive Garden makes out of orange juice, pineapple juice, and wine. He apologized profusely, as did the manager.
Meanwhile, Nikolai started getting visibly drunk, so Jill took him to the hospital. Doctors gave him an I.V. . . . and within a couple of hours he was fine. The hospital hasn't released his blood-alcohol level.
Olive Garden says they're investigating how it happened. Jill says she's contacted an attorney, but so far, there's no lawsuit on the table.
Via (FOX 35 - Orlando)